Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Atomic Structure and Radioactivity Week 2 Post #2

The lecture in class was difficult for me to understand and hard to follow, at times. Last night, I read over chapter 3.2-3.4 and took notes which really helped to clear up my confusion. Now I understand the scientists and their theories much better, and the vocab terms like atomic number, mass number, and isotopes are much clearer to me. Now off the top of my head I can determine, describe,and find mass number and atomic number. Atomic number is equal to the number of protons in a nucleus, and is represented by the A in the A over Z and then element symbol equation. While mass number is the sum of the number of protons and number of neutrons in a nucleus, and is represented by the Z in the A over Z and then element symbol equation. The book work problems we were assigned on page 87 were also very beneficial to me and I was able to test myself on how well I really knew the information.

Atomic Mass

Mass Number

Atomic Number

Average Atomic Mass Practice Problems

Atomic and Mass Number Practice Problems

Isotopes


1 comment:

  1. I like that you included links to all the parts seen on a element within the periodic table. I will look back at this and be able to find out what everything that appears on an element will mean! Thank you for including this for my future reference.

    ReplyDelete